Responsible for working and operating the fork truck in a safe manner, using all required PPE, while maintaining an efficient workflow, and communicating effectively with all employees while providing a needed service in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Supplies raw materials to a predetermined area or production lines as needed.
• Remove and store finished product, stretch wrap product, and label in a timely manner.
• Pallet area clean and organized.
• Proper documentation of scrap.
• Dispose of trash.
• Assist in plant clean up.
• Inform Shift Supervisor of any safety issues regarding the fork truck.
• Assist in month end inventory as needed.
• Routine maintenance of forklift, including cleaning.
• Report any damage to equipment and building to Shift Supervisor.
• Adhere to Product Safety Program (SQF)
• Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be safety conscious and have a good safety record
• Must exhibit a positive personality and attitude
• Must have good attendance
• Must have patience
• Must have a good housekeeping record
• Must have a good attention to detail to help ensure that all labels and paperwork are filled out completely, before removing and storing finished product
• Must have a history of successfully multi-tasking in tough situations
Education and/or Experience
One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience and receive a forklift license.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete reports and forms associated with the position: Ability to communicate effectively orally, and in writing.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw a valid conclusion. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel and or crouch. Employees must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds unassisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.